Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Reef Check CA

I spent the weekend with Connie studying to be able to identify fish. Six months ago I convinced Connie that we should attend this class and she agreed to go along with me. Reef Check is a volunteer organization that does fish surveys along the CA coast. It sounded like a good idea when I started this project. When I came back from PA I tried to back out of it, but Connie wouldn't let me. In her words, "Suck it up Buttercup, we are doing this". Of course it is a lot of work and it will take me forever to master it, (Connie already passed her test) but I'm glad I did it and when we go on the dives next weekend I'm sure it will be overwhelming, but eventually I'll get it done. We are going to be on an overnight boat dive to Catalina next weekend to try to actually do the stuff we tried to learn last weekend. I'll let you know.

No comments: