Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Reef Check Boat Dive

Picture from Reef Check Web site
I got on the Sun Diver in Long Beach on Friday night, since neither Connie or I are great morning people. I took the two tests I failed last weekend and passed them. Connie and I got ourselves ready for the morning and went to bed, to wake up just before we got to Catalina. This trip was all about learning how to count fish and seaweed and then pass the test. I did better than I thought I would and passed three of the four, fish being the one I missed. Connie of course, passed them all. We did three dives each day and I wonder how it can be so hard and tiring in CA when it was easy to do three dives a day in Bonaire. The Sun Diver crew was great and they are really good at feeding the divers. Delicious. We met some nice people and are very excited about Reef Check and what it stands for. Now we have to get out there and help with the surveys.

No comments: