Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Reef Check/Little Corona/Broomtail Reef



July 27/28 was a Reef Check weekend. On Sat we went to Little Corona and I tried to get in past the waves, (thank you Craig for your help) but I just couldn't make it. So I sat this one out. Reef Check's main motto is, safety first and I didn't feel good, so I didn't do it.

Sunday was another story. We went to San Diego aboard the Marissa and did a survey on Broomtail Reef. It was so cool, I want to dive it just for fun. Lots of kelp and fun stuff on the bottom. The water temp was 51 degrees, and that is just plain cold. Connie and Donna got real cold on the second dive. Connie is so good at this stuff. She pasted her seaweed test and did her first full survey with Donna on the second dive. I will get there, it will just take me longer. Sylvia reminded me that I cannot compare myself to Connie, I'll never be as good, but I have learned to use her abilities to my advantage. Again I couldn't do the second dive, there was a mixed swell and even with the wrist bands, I got sea sick. I was one of three that didn't make it. Next time I am going to get the patch along with the wrist bands because sitting on the boat sucks.

No comments: