Friday, July 31, 2009

Maui Day 2

Today we snorkeled Honolua Bay and I saw two fish I have never seen before. The first one is a Bluestripe Butterfly fish and the other a Bandtail Goatfish. These are not my pictures, I got them off the Internet so I could show them to you. The water was so clear today that I could see fish shadows.
Connie got in at 5:00 and we went to the busiest restaurant in town, Costco, for pizza and then home. Connie hauled her luggage up and started unpacking. Her carry on was heavier than her checked bag and that weighed 49.5 lbs. She says scuba gear sure does weigh a lot. We are scheduled to go dive with Ron Ross tomorrow morning. There is a south swell and everyone is saying the visibility won't be so good. Connie's response was "we are used to diving in CA where we think 20 ft is good". Ron's response was "you'll get that. Connie put her new 4g card in her camera and she is ready for what ever she can get to stay still long enough to snap a picture. Otherwise it's video time.

2 comments:

Selena Larkin said...

Hi Edie!
Sounds like you're having another fabulous trip!
I was sorry not to have heard from you since we met en route to/from Cancun but now I understand why!! You are truly "gone again"!!
:)
Selena

Edie_Walker said...

Selena,
I sent you a reply and I am sorry you didn't get it. I will try again and we will keep in touch. You will be a "Girls Gone Diving". lady on of these days.