Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend

This 4th of July turned out to be a good time. I spent it doing some of the things I like to do best.
Diving, clogging, and playing board games.
Friday Connie, Sylvia, Phil and I went diving at Old Marine Land. It turned out to be a fabulous dive. They have the resort built, but divers have access down this nice paved path so we could put the gear in the cart and roll it down. There were a number of reasons this was such a great dive,
1. No waves
2. A nice young man helped me get my BC on.
3. Two nice you men helped me over the rocks to get in the water.
4. We saw lots and lots of good stuff.
5. I was weighted just right.
6. Phil came back in and got my BC for me.
If this is not a lazy womens way to dive.
The only thing about it was that Sly was light with her weight and had to fight to stay down because it was a shallow dive.
Saturday I messed around here until about 4:00 when I went over to Connie and Roger's to play games. We played four games and I won one and would have another except for a really stupid error.
Sunday, Connie and I went to San Diego to the Del Mar Fair. The San Diego Cloggers have a day at the fair and it is a four hour non-stop dance. It's always fun to see friends you don't always see. Afterward we had to go "do" the fair. Connie is fun to go to a fair with because she always wants the newest gadget out there. This year she got off pretty easy, we couldn't find anything to spend her money on. All in all a great weekend without having to deal with much traffic.

No comments: