Thursday, July 30, 2009

Maui, 2009

Flying into Maui at the time I did gives me a wonderful view of a sunset. It lasts for a couple of hours and looks like the earth is encircled with a band of orange light. I forget about it from year to year, so it never fails to amaze me.
Bob had to go get his air conditioner fixed this morning, so I slept in and then fooled around before I went across the street to snorkel. Bob had said the visibility has been poor, but it was good today. It felt really good to be back in the water.
There wasn't many fish, but there were a lot of different fish. (No yellow tangs).
I found a mask on the bottom and I actually tried to get down to get it and for the first time in my life I actually got down under the surface. I couldn't get down far enough to get the mask (a kids mask), but I was really proud that I almost did it. Of course there was no one to see me and Connie will never believe me because she has been a witness to my feeble attempts in the past.
This is going to be a good trip.

No comments: