Friday, July 17, 2009

Cozumel 09 Last Day







We planned to sleep in today, but that didn’t work. We were both up when the morning dive boat came, and it killed us not to be on it.
But then we got in the water for our shore dive and life was good again. We did a shore dive the first day we were here and saw lots of stuff and didn’t take our cameras. So today we planned to take lots of pictures and Connie did just that. I on the other hand figured out I left my camera on yesterdays boat and they had to bring it to me. Of course the battery was dead, so once again Connie gets the picture credit. We made the most of our last dive since it was only 25ft; we stayed out for 105 min. I was down to 400 psi, but Connie still had almost 600. I think she and Sylvia are Mermaids.
Pictures:
A yellow tang because it is my favorite fish and no dive trip would be complete without a picture of a yellow fish. The little spotted ball is a baby boxfish, about the size of a penny. The black and yellow striped fish was also teeny and gave Connie a run for her money. I laughed and laughed watching her trying to get this picture because it was all over the place. Not only that but she had a little black fish that was biting her while she was trying to take the pictures. She was in his space and he wanted it back.
After we got done we had to go to town to do our shopping. It was easy to do, stop at Diamonds International and get the free charm for her bracelet, on to the pharmacy to get the drugs, have a beer with Ivan at the Flamingo Hotel (where we stayed for the last two years), let Connie get talked into spending $20 on a dive ring that matches the necklace and bracelet she got last year, on to Camillo’s for guacamole and chips and walk back to enjoy the air conditioned room.
Tomorrow we will retrace our five legs of the trip and be home tomorrow night. It’s all over for this trip. Back to the real world.

8 comments:

Selena Larkin said...

Edie, I LOVE your blog!!!!!
....sooooo cool! I am inspired!
I cant wait to go back through your trip and read day by day!

It was such a pleasure to meet you both and I cannot wait to earn my full-blown status as a "girl gone diving"!!

Have fun on the Yukon!

Selena

Wikkie said...

so Edie! We are good friends with Connie and Roger. Great pictures of your diving trip!! Connie says we will be going with you in the future some day!

Ett and Linda
(square dancers)

Edie_Walker said...

Selena,
Likewise for me. You made the flight such a pleasure and I can't wait to dive with you. Remember, a blog is easy to do.

Later

Edie_Walker said...

Ett,
I know you through Connie and Roger. I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. Connie has been telling people to read it and I am happy about that. I always figured I was writing it to myself. So when are you planning to come with us on a trip. Can't wait.

Edie

Unknown said...

Mom, Unfortunately, Ett isn't certified yet. Her partner, Linda, is. So, I was showing Ett your blog to entice her into getting into a class so they both can be part or girls gone diving.

Connie

Edie_Walker said...

Connie,
Well maybe this will speed her along on the way to "Girls Gone Diving".

Craig said...

Edie,

Just wanted to let you and Connie know that Loegan and I really enjoyed diving with ya'll in Cozumel. It was so awesome to see you diving with your daughter and living life to the fullest. You go girl. As I told Connie - maybe you should change your blog to "Edies Gone Wild - Again"...

Hope to see ya'll again at another amazing dive spot.

Also - let Connie know that we appreciate her spending some time chatting with Loegan about his education plans. He's off to The Citadel in a couple of weeks and she was able to provide some great advice.

Thanks - Craig and Loegan

Edie_Walker said...

Craig,
It was a great crew to dive with in Cozumel and I'm glad we could dive with you and your son. You both seemed as though you enjoyed both the diving and each other.
I'm glad Connie was able to give Loegan some "words of wizdom". She is very good at it.
Here's hoping we will dive with you again. Until then, Stay Wet