Thursday, July 8, 2010

Whale Sharks AWESOME









The Whale sharks were AWESOME. Better than Joe;s pictures. It was an hour and half boat ride for about 15-20 min in the water, but it was worth it. Cost about $200 with everything, but I may be tempted to give a day of diving on Cozumel for it. I may, or maybe not. We got to each go in three times for about 5-10 min each time. Only two in the water from each boat at a time and by the end there were lots of boats. There had to be 40-50 whale sharks there, just swimming around ignoring all of us. The kid from the boat took my hand so I could swim faster and see better. He did it for three of us, and it really helped. It was a real rush being that close to them. One was about 35-40 ft long and none of them were under 20ft. The kid told us there were only about 6-7 places in the world to see these guys and the place we were was the best in the world. Other places might have one or two, we had 40. Then we stopped on the way back and snorkeled while they prepared lunch and I found a great big Manta ray. By the time all these young guys got off the boats to see it, it was headed out to sea. Most of them swam after him and then they found another.
I got my ticket for the ride to the airport tomorrow. Guess it's back to the real world again.

No comments: