Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day Four Churchill Canada 6-22-11



Today it was cold in the morning when we were working. I had my jacket and my rain gear on. It wasn't raining but I was laying in the puddles coring and counting and measuring. I still got cold and put my heavy winter jacket on. After we came back after lunch it was better. I still was in the water, but I wasn't cold. We did our first plot today. Actually it was a practice one. We threw a stake over our shoulder and from that point we made a rectangle that measured 1 meter by 2 meters and we counted and measured the seedlings and saplings in the plot. This can sometimes be a real job if there is a lot of them or you can get none in your random plot. Then you move on to another. My body is sore from all the up and down and coring. Thank God for good meds.
PS I'm the one in the blue raincoat laying on the ground

No comments: