Saturday, August 4, 2007

Aloha, Today we went on a four mile hike to Waimoku Falls at Haleakala National Park. This hike is not a simple walk in the park. You scramble over rocks and roots and slide down muddy inclines. But your reward for all of this effort is spectacular views of water falls, the bamboo forest and finally the 450 ft Waimoku Falls. Of course it took us 2 hours to get to the falls. The girls stayed with Jan and I because they were worried that the "old" ladies needed looking after. We were slow, but we got there. As an excuse I used, 1) My shoes were slippery, 2) I stepped wrong and tweaked my leg, 3) My glasses were fogging up in the rain, 4) Ericka wanted to look at everything.

2 comments:

Janice Stearns said...

What a beautiful picture. Wish I were there! Have to go to Hawaii now!

Edie_Walker said...

Maui rocks!!!