Thursday, August 2, 2007

Honolua Bay Snorkeling

Great start to a great vacation. Shannon, Ericka, and I were going diving this morning, but Shannon had trouble with her breathing and we figured diving was not a good idea so we went snorkeling instead. Saw some really cool stuff. An adult Rockmover, Pearl Wrasse, huge turtle (with a huge tumor on the side of it's face) and a lot of the normal fish we see. The butterflies, angelfish, yellow and blue fish. Reminded me why I keep coming back here to Maui. Again Jan and I were the only ones who went back in after lunch. The rest of them or wimps. It was cold though. I put on my wet suit and Jan used the shorty over her skin and we still were none to warm. We left about 2:00pm and the bay was still like glass. That's one of the things I enjoy about Honolua Bay, when it's good, it's very good and when it's bad it's awful.
Aloha

2 comments:

Janice Stearns said...

Edie,
Sounds like you are making the best of the situation. Snorkeling sounds like fun, but being cold is no good. I thought the water was warmer there. Hope you enjoy your time and get lots of great pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Sure can't say you are a wimp.
I've subscribed to your blog and am looking forward to the adventure. Great job!

Edie_Walker said...

Janice, I was so excited to get a comment. The water is warmer here, but when you spend hours in it, it tends to take your body heat and run with it. I am figuring out how to put a picture with each post. Maybe I'll figure it out by tomorrow.