Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reef Check Catalina July16 2011



Ron and I spent the day over on Catalina diving with Reef Check. We got there a little later than everyone else so they were ready to go in when we got there. We got to do the core off to the right out by the buoy, which is the big rock drop off. I actually got some 3s on my UPC. It was a great dive and Ron found some interesting stuff while he was waiting for me to finish. Our second dive was 2 fish only. One on either side of the dive park. As Ron said "in two different zip codes". Even though Ron has passed his fish, I offered to do them both so he could spend his time "fun diving". He would find something, remember the meter and show it to me when I was done. He has turned into a great diver, though neither of us are great navigators. I did the navigating this time and actually did ok, but how can you get lost in the dive park. He even beat me on air one dive, an awesome feat for someone with 50 dives. Our third dive was a totally fun dive. Lauren joined us and she knows how to navigate so we were good to go. Although Ron asked me where the wall was and I took him right to it. All in all a great day of diving with my son.

No comments: