Thursday, May 29, 2008

Anacapa Island





Ronny, Martha and I went to Anacapa Island for the Day with the Science Branch. KJ was very gracious and allowed me to bring my son and friend along. It was a great day. I was not expecting all the flowers. Of course we found out later that the flowers were non-native and would have to go eventually, but today they were beautiful. I also did not expect to see the seagulls lay their eggs on the ground. One bird had her nest right next to the path and she screamed at everyone who walked by. I told her that if she choose to build on the freeway she needed to get over the traffic. I climbed a lot of steps and my legs will be complaining. This trip was cancelled three times before we finally got to go. It is a beautiful Island and I'm glad we went.

No comments: