Saturday, August 22, 2009

Five Caves 8-22-09






Jan took me to meet Ron at Makena Landing at 7:00 and we were under the water at 7:38. Ron had to go to work so he wanted in and out. The vis wasn't the best, but good enough to enjoy ourselves. Saw so many turtles, I lost count. One of them came out of the cave about a foot above my head. At the bubble cave a turtle was on top getting his breath of air, so we didn't bother him. There was a surge going on so the washing machine was very interesting. Definitely a hang on and then kick with the surge.
When we got back Ron found that his BC has lost a part and he could not inflate. So he tried to manually blow it up and the air came out of the hole left from the part. He had to snorkel in and of course he went and got the flag. I was going to go since I was ok, but he was already half way there.
This was our last dive for this year. He is working a lot and so can't go anymore this week.
I have at least one boat dive scheduled and maybe a dive with Michelle.
I'm going to miss Maui when I'm gone.
PS Connie I included some of these pictures to show you that fish DO sometimes turn sideways for a camera. Love you

No comments: