Thursday, August 20, 2009

Snorkeling Old Airport 09

Bob, Jan and I went up to Lahina for lunch with a friend from square dancing. She put on a great lunch with 5 courses. After we left we went over to Old Airport and snorkeled. Poor Jan had nothing but trouble. We looked before we went in and the waves weren't bad, but by the time we got ready they were more than she liked. To give her credit, she made it in. Then her mask would not quiet fogging and since the waves were more than she was comfortable with she didn't dare take it off. So eventually we took her back and Bob and I snorkeled. The first picture is of a Stocky Hawkfish. I am pretty proud of that picture since it is a snorkeling picture. Since I can't get my body under the water without weights this is as close as I can get. The second pictures shows the coral and it does have an eel in it. Can you find it? And what would a blog post be without turtles. We are taking off early tomorrow to try and get Jan in the water before it gets too rough so she can have a good experience snorkeling. Miss you all.

No comments: