Friday, August 7, 2009

Maui Day 8 09






Our first ever scooter dive was fun. There are two ways to ride it, first the James Bond position, which is the one in the picture. The other is the superman, where you put it between your legs and steer it that way. Connie got it right away, it took me a while longer. When I finally got to be Superman I was able to keep up and in fact had to slow down. Scooters are a nice way to get some place in a hurry. When I had it wide open my regulator would go wobble, wobble in my mouth. Paul said if you set the propeller on one it would take your mask off if you looked back.
Our first dive went to Saint Anthony's Wreck. It was a nice little wreck and Connie found a frogfish, but the father and son that went with us sucked their air and we had to head back before we even got all the way around it.
The second dive was to the outer reef, and again our limiting factor were the two guys with us. Both of us came back with over 1000psi. Of course we believe that we paid for the air, we want to breathe it.
Picked Jan up at the airport tonight. It's good to see her again.

No comments: