Monday, August 24, 2009

Maui Boat dive









Went to Mol0kini Crater this morning and had two great dives. We dropped down on a reef with 100's of fish. Butterflies of all sorts, Damsel fish, Pennant fish, Tangs, plus lots of others. Amazing array of color and quantity. Found some Spanish Dancer eggs and Garden eels. I also saw a Rare Pyramid Longnose Butterfly. I took a picture, but it didn't turn out. He was dark, against a dark background and I only got one shot and he didn't show up. The first time I have ever seen one. I did get some good pictures of other things, but not as good as Connie would have done. But at least I still have a camera to play with. It was a good dive all the way around.
F
or our second dive we came in and dove off the end of 5 caves. They called it the new Turtle Town because all the turtles have moved down from TT to there. We saw lots of them. I was in a mood to look at little fish and I had a great time, because there were lots of them. Some day I want to find a book that tells me what all those little guys will look like when they grow up. A bad day of diving is better than a good day at work and this was a great day. Does that tell you where work stands about now?
Later

1 comment:

Mrs. Llamas said...

You are the equivalent of a mermaid!